The New Me, Fit and Healthy #1


Hello to all my new followers and to those of you that have been following me from the start! So at the start of June I had a bit of a breakdown. I was really stressed due to exam pressures, I was completely covered in spots and had no energy. I was so sick of feeling pretty rubbish that I decided to have a bit of a change and become more healthy and fit, in the hope that it would make me feel better!

Is started off by focusing on my skin as the amount of breakouts I was having was forcing me to become really self-conscious about how I looked and with that came the period of caked on makeup in an attempt to cover up my horrible skin. I decided to do some research and try out some products until eventually I found a skincare routine that really suited me, which you can read here. Since starting my skincare routine, my skin has made such an improvement. I hardly ever get spots and my face is now clear enough that I ditched my full coverage foundations and replaced them with lighter coverage ones. I fully recommend watching this video as it really helped me to get started. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tRjufnWr8



As well as sticking to a skincare routine, the past couple of months I have really stuck to drinking more water. I ditched the fizzy drinks and instead settled for drinking no less then 8 glasses of water as well as one glass of cranberry juice. It not only helped clear up my skin but it also made me feel so much fuller, which meant I wasn't snaking on unhealthy foods all day. Although towards the end of the month I have allowed myself to start having the occasional fizzy drink, I still mainly only drink water. 

The hardest bit of becoming more healthy was eating healthier. I love chocolate, ice cream and chips and to give stuff like that up was so hard. However instead of giving it up for good, I made sure that whatever I was having that was unhealthy was in moderation. I downloaded a great app called My Fitness Pal. This app is so good as it allows you to enter what you have eaten and it will tell you how many calories you have left to eat, but the main bonus to this app was that it told me when I had gone over my salt, sugar etc intake and this was really helpful in letting me decide what I could have that was going to be okay for my body. Through eating more healthier I have rediscovered my love for foods such a watermelon and granola, as well as trying new things. I have actually discovered that I don't mind not eating chocolate and crisps every day and I actually now prefer to reach for an apple instead.

As well as giving up bad foods, I also had to increase the amount of exercise I was doing. The past few months I have tried lots of different exercises from running to yoga to fitness dvds and I have really enjoyed doing it all. My boyfriend has been really great and has endured jogs and wii fit sessions with me and although he complained, I think he secretly likes it. I have tried to make sure that I am never sat down for too long and even when I'm watching the tv, I have started to jog on the spot whilst watching it. Doing extra shifts at work has also kept me on the move as I am constantly walking up and down the stairs between the shop floor and the warehouse. 

Overall I have made sure that I stick it out and that I don't give up when it gets hard. I have so much more confidence then I did a few months ago and I feel so much better. Not only have I now got much clearer skin but I am always full of energy and raring to go. I have lost some weight, although this was never my reason for starting it.



I am going to continue this as I am loving the effects it is happening. I hope to get another update up at the end of august but if you have any questions before then, then leave a comment below :) 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I have recently had a bit of a health kick too and I know how difficult it can be to stick to it! Keep going though as it's definitely worth it when you start seeing the results :) I have been using Jillian Michaels fitness DVDs and they are so good, I'd really recommend them if you're looking for something else to try :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to kickstart my diet and fitness regime, im aiming to start in august after ramadan and the feasts that come along with it. i have a lot of fitness dvds that just sit in the draw or on my computer. i will use them.. i will ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.