May Beauty and Random Favourites

 I didn't realise how many things I have actually been loving this month. The descriptions of the products are going to be quite short but that's only because I have quite a lot to talk about and I didn't want it to be a huge post. So please comment if you want any further reviews on any of the products mentioned. The first half of the post is going to be about beauty products and the second half my random favourites as I enjoyed doing that last month. Enjoy!
 
 
 
1. Garnier Summer Body- Moisturising Lotion Sun-Kissed Look: As the sun had started to come out, especially in the last couple weeks of May, I started to use this as my go to daily moisturiser. I have always really liked this product, I have never found it to go streaky or too orange. I love how it gradually builds up a natural looking tan, which isn't too heavy. The only thing that I don't like about this product is that it does have that fake tan smell, so make sure that spray some sort of nice smelling body mist before you go out. I use a soap and glory one which I really like.
 
2. Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub: I had read loads of blog posts reviewing this product and all the ones that I read seemed to love it. When I was in my local superdrug it happened to be on offer so I picked it up and I'm so glad I did. It is AMAZING!!! My skin feels so nice after having used it for the past month. It is a scrub but I find that it isn't harsh on your skin, which some scrubs can be. It also smell so good, it isn't an overpowering smell but it definitely leaves your skin smelling of pink grapefruit.
 
3. Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden Daily Spa Escape Mandelular Sensuous Body Souffle: This is a really nice moisturiser, especially if you get really bad dry skin. After I did my gold Duke of Edinburgh my feet have always been massively dry, I know this product probably isn't meant for your feet but I have found that it has massively improved the dryness of my feet. I also use this on my legs twice a week and they always feel super soft for days after.
 
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent: Everyone raves about this product so I probably won't say anything you haven't heard before. It says it lasts up to 5 hours, that's debatable, however the time it does last, it does an amazing job. It stops shine and I will repurchase over and over again.
 
5. Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer: Once again I don't think it lasts the 16 hours it claims too however it is great at covering up dark circles or any blemishes I have. It's under a £5 and I haven't found a concealer I like better. It will be my go to concealer for a long time I think.
 
6. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 100 Ivory: So I decided last month to move away from the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and I decided to try the Match Perfection Foundation. I found that they are pretty similar, apart from I personally found that the Match Perfection gave me more coverage. Depending on my mood I pretty much have just been wearing both those foundations for the past month and unless I find another great foundation I probably will continue to for the next few months. Both a great price and under £8.
 
7. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 020 Pink Rose: I don't really like heavy blushes and this is what made me buy this one. It isn't really a bright pink, more of a slight shimmer when applied. I find that it looks a bit like highlighter when on my cheeks, which I really like. It gives you a lovely healthy glow to your face.  
 
8. MUA Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde: This product is only a £1. That should be enough to sell it to anyone anyway but it is a really nice eyebrow pencil too. As I have red/ginger hair, I find it really difficult to find an eyebrow pencil that look natural. It is a really nice light brown pencil with slight red undertones which is why I feel it looks so natural on my eyebrows.
 
9. Marks and Spencers Alice and Eliza Winter Berry Lip Balm: I think this was only a product available  at Christmas. I was bought a couple of them buy some friends and they smell incredible. It is perfect for those days when you don't want to faff about with lipstick. I keep one in my makeup storage and another in my bag. Could not love with out this in my daily makeup routine.


11. My Mint Green Filofax: My best friend bought me for my 18th birthday a beautiful Filofax. I am super OCD and orgainsed and I love knowing where everything is and what I am doing everyday of the year. This was one of the best present I recieved for my birthday and I am loving using it. There is a range of style available on the Filofax website so I would reccomend that you go and have a look.


 
12. My Cath Kidston Make Up Bag: This was another gift which I recieved for my Birthday off my boyfriends mum. I love anything Cath Kidston and I have been enjoying taking my makeup out with me in this rally nice white makeup bag. The only thing I would say about it being white is that it does get messy inside, but I just use a makeup wipe to remove anything inside and I find that it comes straight off.



 13. Grey's Anatomy Series One: I love Grey's Anatomy and in May I decided to re-watch it from the beginning. I have now finished series one and am moving on to series two. I had forgotten how much I loved the earlier series and was so nice watching them again.
 
 
So those are all the beauty and random things I loved last month. 
Chloe 
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.