Collection Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner Review

So recently I moved away from the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Gel Eyeliner Pen, that I have been using for probably a couple years now and I picked up the Collection Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner. I was quite nervous about using a gel eyeliner which came in a pot, it's not something that I had ever tried before and I had heard that it was quite difficult to use. However I found this product so easy to use. 

The packaging is good, it comes in a small box and has a hand tips section on the back of the box. Usually I stay clear of the hand hints on the back of products as I find them confusing to follow. However the handy tips actually came in really useful when applying the product for the first time. Inside the box you get the glass bottle with the product in and you also get a small brush to apply it with. 


The product itself I love. I have the colour black of this product, although it does come in a couple more colours, and I found that it leaves a really nice solid black line which doesn't fade after a couple hours like their Extreme 24 Hour Gel Eyeliner Pen did. I found it to dry really quickly, which meant that I didn't have to worry about waiting ages before I could properly open my eyes to risk it transferring on to my eyelids. It says it last for about 12 hours, I would disagree with that but it does stay on for at least 6-8 hours. However this does mean that if you make a mistake with your line or are not happy with your cat flick, it can be hard to remove the product with out causing smudging of your other makeup. 


The product does come with it's own brush. At first I was really impressed with the brush, I felt that it was applying the product well. However even with me cleaning the brush after using the product each time, the brush became hard as if there was product which had dried and hardened stuck on it and it became impossible to use. 


Overall for less then £4 this is a great eyeliner that produces a really nice smooth line of colour and is long lasting. The brush is a bit of a disappointment, however I personally like to use my own brush to apply it anyway so that wouldn't but me off the product. 

I will definitely be repurchasing in the future and will hopefully try some of the other colours as well. Let me know in the comments if you have tried this product or if you have tried any of the other colours.

xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.